Friday, July 11, 2008

Personal Note

I just wanted to take a moment to share some good personal news, now that it is official since I signed the contract today. As of the first of August, I will be an employee of the Johann Wolfgang Goethe Universität in Frankfurt. The position I am filling is essentially the North American equivalent of a Visiting Assistant Professorship in Ancient Numismatics. I am sharing this position with a colleague, Stefan Krmnicek (we both contribute half-time). We will work in the Institut für Archäologische Wissenschaften, Abt. II (which focuses on provincial archaeology and Hilfswissenschaften: epigraphy, ceramics, and especially numismatics and Fundnumismatik). Our responsibilities will include independent and collaborative numismatic research, maintaining the plaster cast and photo collections, and assisting in the teaching of seminars. Prof. Dr. von Kaenel, who is the director of the department and a well-known numismatist, will supervise our work.

2 comments:

said...

Many congratulations!
David

Anonymous said...

I congratulate you on your employment. Now it is obvious who will teach numismatics next semester.

Marco Hardy